Virtual Reality Programming for Neuroscience – Job Description
The Human Brain Dynamics Lab, in the Gonda Brain Research Center at Bar Ilan University, is looking to hire a computer programmer for development of an experimental-apparatus using Virtual Reality.
Our overall aim is to create a platform for experimentations using Virtual Reality for neuroscience investigations of neural operations under real-life situations. Our lab specializes in studying speech and language processing in the brain, and VR provides an excellent opportunity for simulating real-life, while controlling experimental variables. However standard VR animation platforms are not sufficiently accurate in their depiction of facial speech-gestures (in particular for Hebrew), limiting their current use for research.
Programming Project outline:
- Creating a pipeline for animating speech-facial movements of an avatar based on video footage recorded from actors, using markerless-tracking.
- Implementing the animation of avatars in VR space (programmed in Unity),
with precise audio-animation synchronization.
- Creating an user-friendly interface for changing experiment parameters –
avatars, audio materials, etc. – and making the process easily usable by students in the lab, for future use.
1. High programming skills
2. Experience in VR programming / Unity software - advantage
3. Hourly rate, suitable for CS or engineering students.
Please send all CVs and inquiries to email@example.com